Encapsulated O Rings
Encapsulated O Rings that are proven to protect the core
M Barnwell Services, the UK’s leading manufacturer, stockist and distributor of Fluid Sealing Products offers a comprehensive range of quality Fluorinated ethylene propylene (Teflon® FEP), PTFE and Perfluoroether (PFA) Encapsulated O Rings.
The design completely encloses a core material and acts as a barrier if any pressure is exerted on the seal. The Encapsulated O Rings is widely used across a range of industries, including Food and Drink (FDA), Chemical Processing, Petrochemical, Pharmaceutical, Paints and Dyes, Refrigeration and Cosmetics. For Cryogenic applications, we also supply the industry-leading Astra Seal.
Available in a wide range of standard Metric and Imperial sizes the Encapsulated O Rings can be supplied as small as 4.5mm ID and with no maximum size. M Barnwell Services Encapsulated O Rings are compliant with FDA, ADI-Free, 3A Sanitary Standards, EU Reg. 1935/2004 and USP Class VI.
Seal Profile Options:
Temperature range chart:
Encapsulated Seal Applications
- Filter Elements
– Filtration is the primary market for encapsulated seals.
– Versatile encapsulated seals are now a standard choice for filter cartridge element neck seals.
– PTFE-made pumps utilise encapsulated seals for corrosive material handling.
– Plastic pumps, requiring low-load seals, benefit from hollow-core encapsulated seals.
- Mechanical Seals
– While Perfluoroelastomers are common, encapsulated seals serve as a cost-effective alternative in various applications.
– Widely used in air-operated vent valves, steam valves, and water valves for FDA/WRC compliance.
- Mixers and Vessels
– Encapsulated seals on lid seals eliminate the need for expensive molds.
– USP Approval and FDA compliance make them ideal for the pharmaceutical market.
- Heat Exchangers
– Tube and shell heat exchangers benefit from Teflon®-jacketed encapsulated seals.
– Popular in food, drink, and pharmaceutical industries due to USP Approval and FDA Compliance.
– Encapsulated seals are vital for sealing flanges and apertures.
– For optimal chemical resistance with low compression force support, it is advisable to use hollow-core seals in chemical industry applications.
The M Barnwell Services’ experts can determine if an FEP / PFA encapsulated O Ring is suitable for your particular application. If you would like more information, download our catalogue or contact a member of the team.
E & OE.
O-Ring Sizes- 4.5mm ID minimum and with no maximum standard size.
Fluorinated ethylene propylene (Teflon® FEP), Perfluoroether (PFA), and PTFE.
Silicone and FKM are used as the material for the core of the encapsulated O Ring whilst EPDM is not recommended due to heat-related variations during the production process. FKM and silicone withstand these variations during manufacturing without a decrease in execution.
Silicone core – The silicone core is notably tender than an FKM. It’s also more temperature resistant (great flexibility in both high and low temperatures)
FKM core – FKM attributes great rubber manufacturing qualities. Its outstanding compression set allow it to re-assume to its original form after its deformation
FEP encapsulation – FEP (Fluorinated Ethylene Propylene) provides an O Ring with its immense features regarding its resistance to most games, chemicals and liquids (except liquid alkali metals and various fluorine compounds)
PFA encapsulation – PFA (Perfluoroalkoxy Copolymer) is similar to FEP in its application. It is remarkable due to superior cold flow attributes and improved mechanical features at risen temperatures.
Encapsulated O Rings cannot be manufactured with the same tolerances as standard O Rings. They can deform due to the fluctuating inflexibility of the casino and the core because of temperature impacts.
Encapsulated O Rings Metric and Imperial Kits, Splicing Kits & Top-up Bags are available
Bespoke Encapsulated O Ring Kits and selection Boxes are also available
O Rings, Encapsulated O Rings (FEP/PFA), Lube, Gauge / O Ring material tester, Quad Rings® (X-Rings) / Nu-lip Rings, Tube, Anti-extrusion Rings, Splicing Kits, Back-up Rings, O Ring Cord, Anti-extrusion Rings, Lubricants and Adhesives