Rubber Expansion Joints
M Barnwell Services Rubber Expansion Joints offer exceptional reliability, performance and service life.
M Barnwell Services offers a variety of different rubber expansion joints as well as accessories (UV protection panels / flange protection hoods, etc.) that are specifically engineered for the movements and vibrations in piping systems.
The Rubber Expansion Joint range will:
- Enhance thermal stability
- Relieve system strain because of thermal change, load stress, pumping surges, wear of settling
- Compensate for misalignment
- Eliminate electrolysis between dissimilar metals
- Lower mechanical noise
- Absorb movement and vibration
Applications within piping systems include Axial Movement, Lateral Movement, Angular Movement, Torsional Movement, and Vibrations / Oscillations / Noises.
All of our Rubber Expansion Joints carry safety ratings that exceed product specifications in areas such as pressure and movement. Non-metallic expansion joints and flexible couplings are ideally suited for a wide variety of industries including petrochemical, offshore drilling, water and gas, compressor pump and valve, food and manufacturing.
Types of Rubber Expansion Joints we offer:
Unsure of what you require?
M Barnwell Services takes a proactive approach to develop specific solutions for all customers. As the UK’s leading manufacturer, stockist and distributor of fluid sealing products we have built a reputation as the industry specialist. Available to consult onsite we can offer low to high to extreme volumes and have become the go-to supplier for highly detailed and complex profiles.
Rubber Expansion Joints Materials
Selecting the right rubber for the media and environmental conditions is critical for the expansion joint to function efficiently. Below is an overview of the materials on offer for specific applications.
- FLUOROELASTOMERS (FKM) – Temperature Range: -10°F (-23°C) to 400°F (205°C)
- HYPALON (CSM) – Temperature Range: -30°C (-34°C) to 250°F (120°C)
- EPDM – Temperature Range: -67°F (-55°C) to 300°F (150°C)
- NATURAL RUBBER – Temperature Range: -75°F (-24°C) to 180°F (80°C)
- ABRA-LINE® – Temperature Range: -94°F (-70°C) to 180°F (80°C)
- ABRA-SHIELD™ – Temperature Range: -83°F (-64°C) to 300°F (150°C)
Food Applications (FDA)
- FDA EPDM (WHITE) – Temperature Range: -67°F (-55°C) to 300°F (150°C)
- FDA NITRILE (WHITE) – Temperature Range: -30°F (-34°C) to 250°F (120°C)
- FDA NEOPRENE (WHITE) – Temperature Range: -25°F (-32°C) to 250°F (120°C)
Oil & Gas Applications
- HNBR – Temperature Range: -83°F (-64°C) to 300°F (150°C)
- NITRILE (BUNA-N) – Temperature Range: -30°F (-34°C) to 250°F (120°C)
- CHLOROBUTYL – Temperature Range: -40°F (-40°C) to 250°F (120°C)
- NEOPRENE (CHLOROPRENE) – Temperature Range: -25°F (-32°C) to 250°F (120°C)
- POLYESTER – Temperature Range: to +250°F (120°C)
- NYLON TIRE CORD – Temperature Range: to +250°F (120°C)
If you would like more information about the range, material resistance, or product detail contact a member of the team.